Yes, this is an acronym! It stands for:
Conflict, Resistance, Anxiety, and Procrastination
Perhaps, you have a Vision Board. This one is equally important! Are you curious to know more about this? The best information I have is this idea was created by Mark Waldman. I met Mark at John Assaraf’s home in 2011. He has published over 15 books at the time of this writing on neuroscience. C.R.A.P. stands for Conflict, Resistance, Anxiety, Procrastination, and any other problem you think you have. WOW!! 30 years of cognitive therapy research!
I love this story and it resonates with the Positive Intelligence 6-week program that I offer.
Blameless Discernment –neutrally gaze
Make Your C.R.A.P. Board
- Make a list of all of your insecurities and weaknesses, real or imagined
- Take a DEEP breath and ask your intuition for even more things to add to the pile of self-doubts
- ADD all the weaknesses and sh*t you think other people would say about you.
- Hang it somewhere special where you’ll see it.
- DO NOT THROW IT AWAY!!
If you do, your subconscious mind will start to ruminate on all that negativity. On the other hand, when it’s on a sheet of paper, there is a neural disconnect, as if your brain knows that your crap is safely tucked away and on hold.
- When those negative thoughts come sneaking back in, quickly add them to your C.R.A.P. Board, As strange as it seems, seeing them written down will make them quiet down.